Monday, April 20, 2009

One-minute laundry lesson for missionaries

Whenever we have the missionaries over for dinner, specifically the elders, I always give them my one-minute laundry lesson. And every elder has been so grateful to hear it. So here's my one-minute laundry lesson. Please pass it on!

Have you ever accidentally gotten ink on your shirt from your pen? Well, there's a very easy way to get it out.....aerosol hairspray!

(Here's the "ta-da" part as I hold up my can)

Simply spray the ink spot until it is very wet, and work at rubbing the stain out. This will take a lot of elbow grease, especially if it is a large spot. Once the stain is out, simply throw the shirt into the washing machine with the rest of the laundry, and wash as usual.

You may not believe it, but this also works when you get hair dye on your clothes! Just spray the area immediately (even if you're still wearing the clothing). Before you wash it, spray the clothing again very thoroughly, but don't try to rub the stain out. Then wash as usual.

2 comments:

  1. My one-minute laundry lesson:

    I also happen to know that WD-40 gets out oil, butter, or grease out of clothing. Basically, you spray the WD-40 on the oil spot on your clothing and then wash. It has amazed me! It will even work on a shirt that has already been laundered. Something in the WD-40 helps to reactivate the oil so that it can wash right out.
    I told this to a friend once and it saved her favorite t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete